Thursday, October 6, 2011

Self Discovery

  All my life I had been looking for something, and everywhere I turned someone tried to tell me what it was. I accepted their answers too, though they were often in contradiction and even self-contradictory. I was naïve. I was looking for myself and asking everyone except myself questions which I, and only I, could answer. It took me a long time and much painful boomeranging of my expectations to achieve a realization everyone else appears to have been born with: that I am nobody but myself. ~Ralph Ellison, "Battle Royal"
I am a Daughter, I am a Mom, I am a Wife, I am an Artist, I am a Philomath. I am a Geek. I love the Dark side of Life. I. Am. Me.

1 comment:

  1. I know this is rather late (story of my life) but I only seemed to have stumbled across this now...
    Anyway, hallelujah!!! :D That wasn't sarcastic or anything, I really mean it. I love stories of self discovery, it makes me feel happy haha.

    ReplyDelete