Thursday, October 27, 2011

First DIY project - Lacy Arm Warmers final post

There you have it.  My lacy arm warmers are finished and I can't wait to wear them.  I will debut them tomorrow as I'm taking my little girl to a Halloween event in neighboring town.



To finish them I added lace trim to the top and the bottom of the arm warmer as well as bows and purple jewel.



You can see the lace trim in the picture above at the top of the warmer.  I added the same trim at the bottom, right behind the bow to join the lace and the rest of the warmer in a clean way.



Here is the final look.  It was a pleasure to work on these, it was a perfect beginner project.  I can't wait to start my next pair.  I'm thinking velvet and I'm thinking top to bottom laces. Should be fun.  Thank you for going through this journey with me. :)

2 comments:

  1. Aw!! They are so beautiful!! I was a bit inspired by you and made long gloves with lace over the hands and over the elbow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm glad to be an inspiration.. Your gloves sound beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete