Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Spread my joy - Product review

Whenever I'm impressed with something I bought, I feel compelled to share my happiness with others.  It's not fun keeping it all to myself.  This time I'll be talking about wine and eye make up.

When I'm done with a bottle of wine I like to go to the wine store and pick out something different, just to taste what else is out there.  When I saw the bottle of "Apothic Red" what intrigued me first was their gorgeous looking red label, and yes you guessed it, Apothic rhymes with Gothic. Ha ha ha.. On the back it reads "blend of Zinfandel, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot creating layers of dark, red fruit complemented by hints of vanilla and mocha."  The description was very intriguing indeed and all considered I decided to take a bottle with me home. 



Let me tell you, I was never happier with the lame reasons I had to pick this wine.  I was totally impressed.  For the price of $15 CA this wine does it all.  It's smooth and flavorful, each sip is totally satisfying. Definitely a bottle to try if you haven't already. Cheers!

The second product I want to talk about is the Urban Decay eyeshadow primer.  I'm always on a lookout for a good primer because eyeshadow on me tends to crease.. a lot.   Looks like not only I found a good product but one that I'll be sticking with .. for good.   I have to thank my sister for this, since she was the one that recommended it to me and boy, was she right!



They have several different kinds from matte to shimmering champagne, and shimmering champagne is what I got.  They all have special names and mine is called "Sin".  Not only it works wonderfully as an eyeshadow primer (absolutely no creasing, like they promised), the little shimmer looks like an eyeshadow in itself.  I totally love this.  At a price of just over $20 at Sephora, it's not cheap but definitely does it's job.  Besides, only a tiny amount is needed so this tube will last a long time.

3 comments:

  1. That eyeshadow primer is amazing! Since discovering it I will never go back to not using one, I had a horrible time with my eyeshadows and now they last all day long.
    Thanks for the reviews! Might have to try that wine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wine has tempted me in the store many times due to its lovely label, but I'm always afraid to commit to something just because of the packaging (although I *am* a graphic designer, so I guess it would be excusable...). I'm definitely going to pick up a bottle next time I see it!

    ReplyDelete