Tuesday, October 25, 2011

October show and tell II

I have quite a bit to catch up on.  It was a crazy busy weekend with family and Halloween preparations, I had no time to work on my blog.  On the positive note, I have finished my lacy arm warmers and as soon as I take some pictures today I will post them. 

In this post I want to share couple of latest acquisitions: the crackle nail polish and my first corset.  I'm very excited about both.

First I'll show you my corset.  It's not a real one though, as it doesn't have laces in the back or a strong bone but it's tight and it will do for now.  I wanted one for the longest time but I had problem with yo-yoing weight and was feeling apprehensive about what size to pick etc.  Finally I thought enough is enough and now I couldn't be happier.  I'm definitely going to be adding more corsets to my corset family in the near future.


I bought this corset at Hot Topic.  At the price of $39.99 CA it was a perfect starting price.  I know there are other, more elaborate corsets out there, probably better quality and by the same token more expensive but this one was perfect for the beginning.


Now for the nail polish.  This is the silver crackle I got from O.P.I. for Sephora.  It is called "Blasted Silver".


I picked black to go with my silver for the most dramatic effect.  The black is also by O.P.I. for Sephora and the name is "What's the Tire Jack".




And last but not least, here is my nail art.  I realized after I bought both colors that I really wanted mostly black nails and should have really gotten black crackle with silver underneath but I decided to work with what I got.  The only way to get mostly black was to paint the top with crackle polish and leave the tips black.  I tried the other way around but realized I preferred black tips.  I will still get black crackle polish and maybe couple of background colors such as deep red, purple and of course silver.  You can get really creative with these and being a creative person this makes me very happy.

9 comments:

  1. i like color of this corset so much! *_* and the nail art is so beautiful, like this lace effect :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *love* what you did with the crackle polish. I have the black, silver and purple but I fear they will be too boring on their own (even with changing up the background color). This style makes the crackle much more interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you did your nails! It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent idea with the nail polish, I shall have to try that one myself! Looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your nails look amazing! I think now I´ve got to buy crackle polish too!
    (btw. I´m a new follower, looking forward to your next posts!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much Lucretia and welcome to my blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete