Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wednesday Outfit - More velvet

I don't have words to describe how much I love vintage second hand shops.  I think it's becoming an addiction.  We have three vintage stores in the area and I make sure I visit each one of them every week.  I love going through the racks of clothing, discovering treasures.  Just like the outfit I'm showing you today.  I found it in a local vintage shop during the single visit.  With $4.99  for the top and $6.99 for the skirt, $12 outfit, how can you go wrong?


This is a velvet skirt with some lace peeking out from underneath.



I don't know how to explain in technical terms, but the bottom kind of flares out and it has an under-layer of lace sewn in.  It gives the skirt lovely, feminine shape and a bit of lace visible at the bottom makes it for interesting detail.

6 comments:

  1. Oh this skirt is gorgeous! I would hav bought it immidiately as well. The whole outfit is nice. I use to go to thriftstores as well, sometimes I find nice clothes but it is more difficult now than it was for 10 years ago

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty skirt! I really love the lace. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit! Gorgeous skirt, I love the fit. I also love your new hair colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!! love the shoes you paired it with, too.

    ReplyDelete